I’M A YOUTH LEADER
The P7 team welcomes you to the Youth Pastor section of the P7 site. We are thrilled to help you discover your role in starting Bible Clubs in schools across North America. Carefully consider the following most commonly asked questions by youth leaders in order to further your efforts to start Bible Clubs in the schools in your community.
WHAT IS PROJECT 7?
Project 7 (P7) is a free resource for students, spiritual leaders, and school administrators to utilize for the purpose of starting Bible Clubs on High School and Middle School campuses. P7 Clubs are student-led and -driven and are an opportunity for students to participate in a spiritually inspired, relationship-driven, community-serving project in their school.
WHAT IS MY ROLE?
The role of a youth pastor is to simply coach students as they start and lead a P7 Club. As the local coach, you are responsible for mentoring and empowering the students and student leaders of the P7 Club.
HOW CAN I COACH MY STUDENTS?
- Plug in to the local P7 Club. Be familiar with the leadership team at the local P7 Club along with the inner workings of the club.
- Take advantage of the P7 resources that are available to you and the P7 Club.
- Build relationships with the P7 members by periodically visiting the school campus for lunch, P7 meetings, etc.
- Champion the cause of the club in your local church, community, and schools.
- Assess the P7 meeting experience when you are present, and share your observations with the P7 Club leaders. Be positive as you help them improve their meetings.
- Develop confidence in each P7 leader and student.
- Teach the students to RESPECT the club, one another, school administrators, and school policy.
- Help the students set healthy expectations early on for the P7 meetings.
- Lead the P7 Club members by example in your daily life.
- Communicate weekly with the club leaders.
- Provide accountability for the club leaders.
- Pray for the students and their P7 meetings daily.
HOW CAN I GET MY STUDENTS INVOLVED?
- Disciple, inspire, and persuade your students to unlock their faith in their schools.
- Share testimonies from the P7 website with your students to help them understand they can unlock their faith in school too!
- Use the P7 promotional video during your youth services to generate interest.
- Systematically cast vision that will move your students into action in their local schools. It seems true that you get what you preach. So preach about the opportunity to change your community by launching Bible Clubs in schools.
- Pray students become burdened for their schools.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFO?
The P7 Coordinator, Promotions Coordinator, and Administrator are available here.